Adaptec 39160 SCSI - Family Manager Set Descritpion: Custom Instructions for WIN2KA13.exe:
1. Click Download Now, to download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click Yes, I
Accept this Agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save and click OK.
The Save In: window appears.
4. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select
Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
5. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon
appears on your desktop.
1. Insert a floppy diskette into the floppy drive.
2. Double-click the new icon on the desktop. The Self-Extractor window
3. Specify the floppy drive as the location to upzip the files.
4. Click on the unzip button to extract files.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are running Open Manage Array Manager
v3.2 or higher under Windows 2000, to avoid a potential Blue Screen,
prior to updating the driver you will need to:
1. Disable the SCSI subsystem provider in the Array Manager Utilities
before upgrading the driver. Please refer to the Array Manager
documentation for details on how to do this.
2. Once the SCSI provider is disabled, you should then navigate to the
\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS folder and temporarily rename
ASPI32.SYS to ASPI32.XXX, then reboot the system before proceeding
with the upgrade.
3. Following the upgrade, you will need to reboot again before re-
naming ASPI32.SYS back to its' original name, then finally re-enabling
the SCSI provider.
Updating the driver on an Existing Windows 2000 Server
NOTE: You must be logged on as Administrator to perform these steps:
1. Copy files extracted above to formatted floppy disk
2. From the desktop, right-click the My Computer icon.
3. Left-click Manage.
4. Click Device Manager.
5. Double-click SCSI and RAID Controller (A List of all currently installed SCSI drivers appears).
6. Double-click the appropriate SCSI controller (such as 39160Controller) - in the case of a dual channel controller, there will be two devices listed (one for each channel). The driver will have to be updated separately for each channel.
7. Select the Driver tab.
8. Select Update Driver. (The Update Device Driver Wizard appears).
9. Click Next.
10. Click 'Display a list of known drivers for this device so I can choose a specific driver'
11. Click Next. (The Upgrade Device Driver Wizard appears).
12. Click 'Have Disk' button. (The 'Install from Disk' dialog appears).
13. Insert the driver diskette created above. (Skip this step if installing driver from location on hard drive)
14. Click 'Browse' button (Locate File dialog appears).
15. Use pull-down box to find floppy drive or location on hard drive where you previously extracted files.
16. Double-click on WIN2000 folder (ADPU160M.INF should appear in 'File Name' box - if not, select it).
17. Click 'Open' button ('Install From Disk' dialog reappears with correct path displayed).
18. Click 'OK' (Upgrade Device Driver Wizard reappears).
19. Choose appropriate device from list (7892, 7899, 29160 or 39160)
20. Click 'Next'
21. Click 'Next' again to confirm choice and upgrade driver
22. Close Wizard by clicking Finish
23. Close Properties Dialog for device.
24. Do not reboot system yet.
25. Repeat steps 5-22 for second channel after Device Manager refreshes.
26. Reboot System to complete upgrade.