Adaptec 39160 SCSI Controller - Firmware Descritpion: Custom Instructions for 160FW310.exe:
NOTE: For PV725N users, please refer to the online documentation "Upgrading your 39160 SCSI card firmware" available in the PV725N User Guides section of http://support.dell.com
Floppy Disk Boot to Disk for 160FW310.exe
IMPORTANT NOTE: For Netware & Linux Users, this diskette creation
file must be downloaded to and executed on a system running Microsoft
Windows 9x or above in order to create the bootable floppy disk.
1. Click Download Now, to download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click
Yes, I Accept this Agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save
(Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The
Save In: window appears.
4. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
5. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close.
The file icon appears on your desktop.
Hard Drive Floppy Disk Creation
1. Get 1 blank, formatted floppy disk.
2. Double-click the new icon (it looks like a floppy diskette) on
the desktop. The Self-Extractor window appears.
3. Click Setup. A black MS-DOS window appears with a
message indicating that you need 1 floppy diskette.
4. Press the [ENTER] key.
A message appears prompting you to insert a blank floppy diskette.
Insert a floppy disk into the floppy disk drive.
5. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears indicating that
all data on the disk will be erased.
6. Press the [y] key and then press the [ENTER] key.
The files are copied to the floppy diskette.
7. After all the files have been copied to the floppy disk,
press the [ENTER] key and the MS-DOS window closes.
1. Insert the newly created floppy disk into the Floppy
drive of the system to be upgraded.
2. Reboot your system.
3. Once system has booted to diskette, follow instructions as
they appear on the system console. They will guide you through the
update process, including the subsequent reboots needed to clear the
card of legacy image information. Refer to README.TXT file for more